Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Elastic Empire Waist Dress

I found this great tutorial for these dresses on a crafty blog, and I had make them right away! I love these dresses, but can never find one that's quite modest enough for me. Either they have a tank on top or are way too short for my comfort. These worked out perfectly since I don't trust myself to sew anything involving a bodice. I think it cost me less than $10 to make them both since I found some cute fabric on clearance at Walmart and found the shirts at a thrift store and Target clearance.

I think CuteGirl's turned out perfectly - better than mine. I love the color combination.

CuteGirl loved hers so much it was frightening.

The girl would not pose for a twinner picture with her mom, so I was forced to take drastic measures.

1 comment:

Leanna said...

It is totally darling...and I love that your daughter loved it! So glad you commented on my blog...I lost all my blog sites addresses one time when I redesigned my blog...I was so sad...and I couldn't find yours...so thank you thank you for commenting! Now I can be better at keeping in touch. I love quilting...I just started...but I'm totally excited to learn from you!